Zoran Zaev, President of SDSM
Dear citizens and media representatives,
We said that all subsequent information released would be more shocking than the previous.
Today, you will hear why Nikola Gruevski and Saso Mijalkov needed to wiretap associates from their inner circles and why Jankuloska and Stavreski are the most wiretapped ministers in the Government.
From the conversations between Jankuloska and Stavreski, dear citizens, you will learn firsthand that Nikola Gruevski himself, sometimes in the middle of the night, issued orders to his ministers, to act contrary to the laws!
What I am referring to are directives issued by Gruevski for illegal borrowings from abroad in the millions, illogical budgetary expenditure for advertisements and monuments, at times when the salaries for public administration workers, jobs, operations of key ministries, the honour and dignity of the public administration, and the fate of the people and the state, all hung in the balance.
These are acknowledgments made directly by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Stavreski and the Minister of Interior Jankuloska, confirming what we have warned about, and in particular the chaotic situation with the Budget and the collapse of the Macedonian economy, and about the absurd spending of citizens’ money. These conversations will confirm that the true state of the State’s economy has been obfuscated.
All of this was done upon the orders from one person: Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.
The conversations between Gordana Jankuloska and Zoran Stavreski took place during the 2012 Budget rebalance, the 2013 Budget projections and during the time of the 2014 Budget projections. Moreover, they clarify nervousness on the part of the Government and, in particular, nervousness on the part of Jankuloska and Stavreski on the occasion when journalists and opposition MPs were evicted from the Parliament and why the 2013 Budget had to be adopted behind closed doors.
The first package, comprised of 4 conversations between Jankuloska and Stavreski, provides the following information:
1. Revenue [side of the budget] is disastrous;
2. Stavreski’s statement that spending money for monuments “is a tragedy” while the policemen, as noted by Jankuloska, sleep on iron beds and cover themselves with blankets holding insignia from YNA (Yugoslav National Army);
3. Stavreski’s criticisms of Gruevski about the latter’s irrational commission of 100 paintings intended for a museum;
4. 300 – 400 million being budgeted for buildings and monuments, instead of being channelled for real needs for which there is a shortage of funds. Here, you will hear about something else: Jankuloska’s admission that the police have beaten protesters in front of the Municipality of Centar and how she had to “manage” the situation with justifications before the EU Ambassador Orav.
We start from the beginning. Here are the first 4 recordings.
The next package of conversations reveal:
5. How Gruevski, in the middle of the night, ordered Staverski to undertake illegal borrowing in the amount of 700 million EUR and that Gruevski, in the words of Stavreski, is “a man who has lost touch with the reality”.
6. How, imagine the audacity, Stavreski rejected funds from EU’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance in order not to reveal the actual amount of the state’s total debts. “They wanted access to the treasury and investigate (arrears)”, says Stavreski, as if it is a matter of his own money, and not the money of the Macedonian citizens.
Here are the recordings.
In the next two conversations between Jankuloska and Stavreski:
7. The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance acknowledges a corruption scandal committed by the Mayor of Bitola, Vladimir Taleski, to whom he refers as a “hard-core criminal”, while Jankuloska admits that the Mayor of Skopje, KoceTrajanovski, has also undertaken “shady activities”.
8. You will hear personally from Gruevski’s best man and Minister of Finance, Zoran Stavreski, that Gruevski gives priority to his personal connections and that his first order of business, after having just arrived from a trip to Turkey, was to inquire about why the former manager of the Zoo and of the Lottery of Macedonia and a close friend of Mijalkov and Gruevski, Dane Kuzmanovski, had been insulted.
In the last package comprised of three conversations, dear citizens, you will hear:
9. Stavreski’s admission that while debts in arrears are piling-up, the main preoccupation is the wellbeing of the close business partners of Gruevski and Mijalkov, such as the company “Beton”…
10. Jankuloska’s admission that Gruevski “had lost his mind”.
11. How Jankuloska and Stavreski conclude that what is happening in Macedonia with the thoughtless borrowings, is unheard of in any normal country in the world!
Listen to the last three conversations planned for this press conference.
These acknowledgements are just a small portion of the conversations led between Stavreski and Jankuloska. There are many more wiretapped conversations. The 11 recordings played today provide sufficient confirmation of the budget’s chaotic situation and Macedonia’s dire economic predicament.
These 11 recordings completely unmask Nikola Gruevski in terms of what type of state Macedonia has become.
If Jankuloska and Stravreski had found it unbearable to be part of Gruevski’s Government, why didn’t they leave? Because Gruevski and Mijalkov have monitored them, knew what they talked about, had something to blackmail them with to stay in the Government?! Be that as it may, resigning from their offices is something they can do at any time.
Dear citizens, the Truth about Macedonia has surfaced. Pre-arranged arrests and the demolition of buildings and human destinies. Lives of entire families of opposing viewpoints destroyed, as well as those of political opponents. Maintaining obedience over their own people and placing pressure over citizens, all for personal interests. That is what Gruevski and Mijalkov have done through the scandalous, unconstitutional and unlawful interception of communications.
Everything will be revealed in its entirety. The evil inflicted and being inflicted by Nikola Gruevski and a handful of his close associates, will never be repeated again!